Acai Berry is a fruit very similar to grapes. It is dark purple in colour and grows in bunches. The fruit is loaded with high level of nutrients and hence, has a special role in curing various health problems.
Acai berry contains the following nutrients:
- Vitamins A, C, E and B12.
- Flavanoids like anthocyanin.
- Minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc and selenium.
- Amino acids.
- Dietery fibre.
Being very low in sugar level, this fruit is often recommended for diabetics.
These little fruits can be consumed raw after proper washing under running water. Else, you can consume a fruit smoothie made with acai berry. Make it one of the fruits in a mixed fruit juice. For those who do not have access to the real fruit, there are supplements available in the form of tablets and capsules. However, consult an expert before resorting to supplements.
- Regular intake of acai fruit aids in treating various skin conditions.
- The powerful antioxidants in the fruit help in eliminating the free radicals which are responsible for skin aging.
- Because of its moisturing tendency, the dried fruit is used for extracting oil which is used for external application on dry skin.
- The dried powder of the fruit is used as an ingredient in natural face masks.
- A paste made by crushing this fruit and applying on the face is found very useful in controlling acne and hyperpigmentation.
- In fact, the fruit has another name – the beauty berry, due to its wonderful effects on the skin.
- The zinc in acai berry prevents hair fall and promotes hair growth.
- The magnesium + calcium combination in the fruit, protect the hair and strengthen the scalp.
- Regular intake of this fruit results in healthy and radiant looking hair.
- High levels of vitamin A in acai help in curing eye problems.
- Regular intake of acai reduces vision problems caused due to nutritional deficiencies.
Aids in digestion:
- Being rich in fibre, the intake of acai berry fruit aids in digestion.
- The powerful antioxidants in the fruit help in detoxifying the stomach, liver and the intestines.
- They also aid in the process of smooth excretion thus negating the problems of constipation/ gas/ bloating/ incomplete motions etc.
- The powerful anthocyanins in acai promote heart health. Anthocyanins are known to fight cell damage and prevent oxidative stress for better heart function.
- They lower the cholesterol levels and aid in removing blocks in the arterial circulation network.
- Thus, they make the heart stronger and regulate the blood pressure.
- The effects of acai berry fruit on cancer is being studied thoroughly. Research says that the high content of anthocyanins in acai fruit help in blood cancer. When the extract of the fruit was applied on cancer cells, it was found that the cells died a natural death within a period of one day.
- Research is going on about the effects of acai berry on all types of cancer.
Builds muscle strength:
- Acai berry contains good amounts of proteins. Hence, good intake of this fruit ensures better muscle mass which is so helpful for sports persons.
- Also, acai contains glucosamine which strengthens the cartilage, the soft part inside the bones. Hence, it is good for persons with joint pains.
- Regular eaters of acai fruit feel more energetic. They become less vulnerable to diseases and are never targetted by seasonal colds and coughs. Even if attacked, they recover faster. This is due to the high levels of vitamins and flavanoids present in acai fruit.